Insurance Defense Attorneys
Save Money and Avoid Costly Litigation for Your Clients
“Can we prove the claimant is engaged in activities that are inconsistent with his alleged injuries?”
Whether asked by a claims administrator or by the insurance company’s defense counsel, this is the key question when an insurer is faced with alleged injuries that are not supported by medical examination and other factors, such as an employee’s poor performance reviews. When red flags of fraud appear in an insurance disability or personal injury claim, it’s best to initiate an investigation of the claimant right away.
Trace Investigations assists insurance defense attorneys and claims administrators by:
- Conducting an investigation on the claimant and any witnesses to the alleged injury, looking for prior bad acts or collusion;
- Conducting covert surveillance on a claimant;
- Searching social media and other internet sites looking for claimant postings that indicate possible employment or other activities;
- Canvasing a claimant’s neighborhood, when advised, looking for witnesses to the claimant’s lifestyle and ongoing activities.
The benefits of an investigation:
- Proof: Video documentation that proves the claimant is engaged in physical activities inconsistent with his alleged injuries;
- Save Money: The insurance company is in a position to demand withdrawal of the claim or offer a settlement favorable to the insurer’s interest.
- Litigation Avoided: Costly litigation is avoided;
- Claim Losses Recovered: Subrogation targets may be identified and investigated.
To eliminate doubt that could jeopardize the outcome of a serious matter please call us at 812-334-8857 or 800-310-8857 for a FREE consultation.